i forget where i read this... how can you disagree with any of these though? while not complicated stuff - how many of us actually hold true to each of these qualities?
1. exhibit integrity: one is said to have integrity to the extent that everything he does and believes is based on the same core set of values. while those values may change, it is their consistency with each other and with the person’s actions that determine his integrity.
2. do not speak badly of others: when you confide in a friend and speak badly of others, what’s to say that you won’t speak badly about the friend to someone else? when you establish yourself as someone that does not speak badly, you will find that more people confide in you.
3. stay optimistic: i don’t mean blindly optimistic where you think it’ll rain money tomorrow. i’m talking about putting aside what’s going wrong in order to focus on what’s important and stay on course.
4. help others when you can: they say you don’t know how much money you have until you give it away. i think the same goes for knowledge and all of our abilities in general. i think part of our purpose in developing ourselves, our skills and talents is to be able to share it.
5. high ambitions: this is one of the most contagious qualities. the reason is that your dreams or goals not only bring you hope, but hope to the people around you. you enroll (or recruit) them into this dream, and it inspires and motivates them to dream goals of their own.
6. kind and compassionate: the ability to feel the suffering of others, and to care and possibly do something about it. if you think it sucks to feel someone else’s pain in addition to your own, you can also consider the feeling of unlimited love and joy that others experience as well.
7. believe in and respect yourself: if you don’t respect yourself, you can’t honestly expect others to do it. when you make decisions, with love and respect of yourself in mind, you’ll be pleased to see yourself taking action on a higher level.
8. persist until you succeed: being ambitious is not enough. it’s when you fall down, realize that your set back is a lesson learned, and get up to persevere.
9. open mindedness: if you aren’t open minded, than your set in your ways, doomed to never discover a newer and better way.
10. take responsibility: blaming others doesn’t really solve problems. a person with a winning personality will take responsibility for what happened and take measures to prevent the situation from repeating itself.